Tourist Visa Requirements For HK Domestic Helpers Traveling to China
Domestic helpers employed in Hong Kong can apply for a one-entry or two-entry visa or multi-entry visa valid for 6 months for tourism (L visa).
- A photocopy of the domestic helper’s identity card;
- A photocopy of the employer’s identity card;
- A photocopy of the employment contract;
- A photocopy of the document showing the residence of stay in Hong Kong;
- Documents showing the itinerary including transport record and proof of hotel reservation;
Applicants with valid one-entry or two-entry visa are allowed to stay within 1 month, while those who with valid 6 months multi-entry visa could enjoy a 1-15-day stay. (Please note that multi-visa within 6 months should be applied based on at least one or two visa records). The duration of stay is subject to the authorized organization.
- Guarantee letters are required (respectively from the employer and the domestic helper, whose signatures should be the same with those on the employment contract). The letters should include:
- Declaring the applicant is the employer or the employee explicitly;
– Stating the reason of applying the visa, and also the date and destination clearly;
– Stating that the employee travels together with the employer and ensures observing the law of China.