Hong Kong just welcomed Netflix! So welcome to the 21st century where this popular streaming service is emerging as a stalwart challenge to the television industry. If you are a Netflix user then here are some tricks that you must to enjoy Netflix to its fullest.
- Watch the wonderful stuff that emerges from the US and entertains the world.
Don’t sulk if you don’t live in the United States. You can subscribe to some amazing services that will let you access all the good American stuff.
- For Computers:
- For Xbox, Playstation, Apple TV or iPad:
- Manually change your DNS settings and enter new DNS codes. Sites like Netflix Fixer and Droidkit post updates about valid codes.
- Unblock Us: $4.99 per month, or $49.90 a year
- Conquer the buffering using the secret menu
- Press Shift + Alt while clicking on any video you want to watch.
- Go to stream manager and adjust the bandwidth usage manually.
May the buffering RIP!
- Check your resolutions.
There is no use streaming a movie in HD when you are not actually getting HD. Follow the procedure to check your resolution.
- Go to Your Account Page
- Select Playback Settings
- Under Data Usage select High
- Save and Enjoy!
- Make a smart choice about when to watch a video.
Video quality is immensely affected by which time of the day you choose to watch a video. Peak times steal a lot from your viewing experience because the system gets clogged. Choose wisely watch well!
- Get an access into the internal catalogue of Netflix.
From cult TV shows to virtually striking martial arts movies to an understated but highly acclaimed French Drama Netflix’s internal catalogue makes it easy for you to access anything you need to watch. Just type into the search bar and you’re good to go.
- Set up a VPN to stream better.
By connecting via a remote network, VPN allow you to circumnavigate any gateway your ISP (Internet Service Provider) may have imposed – ensuring connections speeds that are, in some cases, 10x faster than normal. So enjoy good quality videos without any drama.
- Improve the legibility of subtitles.
Sometimes, no actually, most of the times, the subtitles are either too tiny or too light to read off the screen.
- Go to Your Account
- Under your profile select Subtitle Appearance
- In the pop-up box, change, preview and select the one you like.
- Access the Apple TV bonus features.
If you watch Netflix on your Apple TV do the following:
- Hit the Up arrow twice on the remote while viewing.
- It brings up a banner with a thumbnail image, description, and rating.
- Pressing down brings up a progress bar, notched with chapters.
- If you hit the left or right arrow you can leap forward or rewind 2–6 minutes depending on the length of the title.
- Netflix and chill with friends
Try Rabbit, a group chat service which, unlike similar services like Google Hangouts, allows you to launch a window where you and your other “guests” can watch and discuss Netflix together.
- Access Netflix features to choose what to watch.
If you are overwhelmed by the sheer magnanimity of the choices you face on Netflix you always have the Netflix’s built in star rating to fall back on. If that’s not enough you could try the Chrome Extension Netflix Enhancer. This will allow you to see a film’s Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB rating as well.